September 14, 2016

Keeping it Random

 I am not really sure what my deal is lately, but me and a "good night's sleep" just aren't getting along. Boo.


My mistakes on my math exam were SO STUPID. Honestly, all they consisted of was my not reading the questions properly. Completely avoidable, but I suppose a 96 is still a 96 no matter what.

I received some positive feedback on last week's English assignment. I was less than thrilled with my work, and it took me until almost the very last minute to get it in. And when I did get it in, the last few questions were rushed and not well thought out. But my instructor said it was good and I have very strong writing skills, so Yay! I even ended up with a perfect score on the assignment.

My friend Jeannie and I have plans to go see the new Blair Witch movie on Friday. We kind of have to. You see, we saw the original when it first came out in 1999. And we totally bought into the whole "recovered footage" hype, so we thought it was REAL. It wasn't until the credits were rolling at the end of the movie that we both realized it was JUST a movie. Still scared the shizznit out of us, though. Jeannie just recently moved back to the area from Utah, so we made a "dinner & movie" date for Friday. We'll be able to do some good catching up and then go get the shizznit scared out of us again. I am looking forward to it.

Oh. Did I mention I am a grandma? Step-grandma, technically. Gerry's son, Aaron, and his wife had a baby boy at the end of August. I feel bad for not feeling more excited about it, but the whole situation is just - uncomfortable - so I think everyone is sort of holding back any excitement. Which is sad, because babies should be celebrated. And he is a cutie. Wonderfully chubby cheeks and he looks just like his dad. There is talk about going down to Fort Bragg for Thanksgiving so we can see everyone. Gerry is dragging his feet, though. Makes a big deal about spending money, but I think it's really that he just doesn't know how to handle that his son is a father. It doesn't fit what Gerry had in mind for Aaron. Or perhaps for himself - being a grandfather at 45. I hope we go, though. I'd love a baby fix.

Have I mentioned that I think I am in love with my Diva cup? Seriously. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grieving What Should Have Been and Never Will Be.

Image Creator Borut Trdina I feel like shit today.  Emotionally and physically.   After yesterdays…argument?   Whatever it was, I find mysel...