In order to spare the wear and tear on the veins in my arms, I opted to have a mediport put it.
It's kind of a neat device. I have the Vaccess* CT Power-Injectable port, which is placed subcutaneously on the right side, and a line runs from it up into my jugular vein and then down to my heart.
It's a weird feeling knowing that it's there, but I know that it will make getting the chemo medications much easier. Kari had one put in when she had her chemo treatments, so I knew the nurses appreciate it when their patients get a port.
I have a chemo education session with one of the nurses tomorrow. I've been reading up on the medications I will be getting, so I am somewhat prepared, but I have a few questions still.
Only four more days until my first chemo treatment.
My biggest anxiety is not knowing how I will feel after the treatment. Most of what I have read indicates I won't feel too bad the first couple of days afterwards, but then it hits you about the 3rd or 4th day. But it's different for everyone, so that freaks me out not knowing how it's going to turn out for me.


No comments:
Post a Comment