November 24, 2017
Happy Thanksgiving!!
I had a lovely Thanksgiving this year. Usually I stress myself out with all the prep I do, making sure my menu is perfect, doing it all myself, and even getting a little irritated when someone asks if they can bring something to help out. I'm a bit of a control freak, so instead of being thankful for the help being offered, I take it as an insult that I'm not capable of doing it ALL myself.
This year, I delegated, though. We did the ham & turkey, mashed potatoes, and I made some homemade Parker House rolls. Ben made a delicious creamed corn, and Beth made some tasty roasted brussel sprouts. Miranda made her Almost Famous Deviled eggs. Kari brought a fresh veggie tray.
I got to actually sit down and watch the football game, even though they lost, I don't remember the last Thanksgiving I was able to do that! After dinner, we all gathered at the table and played a couple of games. It was really fun. We all had a good time.
The best part? There was no conversation about my cancer.
No questions about upcoming appoints or treatments. No talk about future plans. Just enjoying each others company.
It reminded me how much I have to be thankful for and how blessed I really am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grieving What Should Have Been and Never Will Be.
Image Creator Borut Trdina I feel like shit today. Emotionally and physically. After yesterdays…argument? Whatever it was, I find mysel...
-
Since ending my chemo and radiation I have struggled a lot with pain. Some of it is a result of the the chemotherapy I received. From th...
-
In order to spare the wear and tear on the veins in my arms, I opted to have a mediport put it. It's kind of a neat device....
-
Top Photo: Me, Miranda, Josh, Kari, Bottom left: Me and Kari, Bottom right: Me, Beth, Holly, Kari My baby girl turned 21 toda...

No comments:
Post a Comment