This always happens when I come off a stretch of afternoon shifts. For some reason that last night after I get home, I just can't fall asleep.
I think it's because I am going over and over and over in my head all the shit I need to get done on my days off.
"I want to organize the office better, but to do that I'll need some extra shelves and storage space. I need to hang the curtain rods in the living and dining room, but I should probably get some spackle and wood filler to fix up the holes in the wall and wood trim. I need to finish tying up the rest of my tomato plants. Then I should probably pull up the cucumber and squash plants since The Blight has done them in. Then there are the five different crochet projects I am working on, the teacup bird feeders I've been meaning to make, and the banana muffins I keep telling myself I am going to make. Speaking of food, I would like to make some chicken enchiladas for dinner tomorrow. I wonder if I can find some sort of verde salsa that I can make using green tomatoes. But maybe I'll make chicken tortilla soup and baked chorizo taquitos instead. We have those three ears of corn in the fridge that need to be used up. I need to find time to organize an assignment schedule for my classes. I have a schedule book, but I don't ever look at that, so for some reason I think a weekly assignment sheet will work better for me. I'd like to shave my legs. Give myself a mani-pedi. Do some reading in Biology and Psychology. Clean the bathroom. Laundry. Hang some pictures because the walls are too bare. Do some yoga."
It's like a constant conversation with myself, and this is only a small fraction of what's going on. All I want to do is SLEEP! I am exhausted and I don't want to spend my first day off not having any motivation. Not being able to get to sleep is really pointing my Tuesday in that direction.
ARGH!!!
*sigh*
I'm going to go google green tomato salsa recipes until I can't keep my eyes open.
No comments:
Post a Comment