October 3, 2017

Whew! That Was A Close One!

 HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!!


So I met with the surgeon and oncologist today. THe news is good. The best I could ask for!!

I will be having a lumpectomy on October 30th to remove the mass, some surrounding tissue, and 1-2 sentinel lymph nodes (for further testing). Outpatient procedure. Only a couple days to recover. No need for a mastectomy!!! Fortunately the tumor is small enough that, even though it has infiltrated into the breast tissue, it hasn't spread much beyond that area. After I heal up from the surgery, I will be getting 3-4 weeks of radiation and then I will also be on a medication for the next 5 years that will help reduce the chances of the cancer making a comeback.

So yeah....I can't even tell you how GOOD this all feels. Because I am so dramatic, I was preparing myself for the worst. I was sure Dr. Edwards was going to tell me that I had to have a mastectomy and I just wasn't sure how I was going to deal with that. But I don't have to, so *whew*.

I am feeling very happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grieving What Should Have Been and Never Will Be.

Image Creator Borut Trdina I feel like shit today.  Emotionally and physically.   After yesterdays…argument?   Whatever it was, I find mysel...