January 3, 2018

Chin Up Butter Cup




I figured it was time for an update since it's been so long.   I just haven't had the energy or motivation to keep up on this like I hoped I would, but I am having a good day, so I decided to seize the moment while I could.

Yesterday was my 3rd chemo treatment.  I am noticing a trend that the day after chemo I feel pretty darned good.  Almost like normal.  The day after is pretty close to that too, and then it kind of starts to go downhill from there.  

But today, I was able to go into Marquette for an appointment.  I walked around Vinnies and found a couple scarves and some new lamps for the living room.  Went to my appointment.  Came home, set up the new lamps, did some vacuuming, and tidied up up the kitchen and the living room.  It was good to feel productive instead of  feeling like a lump.  Between the chemo and the virus I picked up, I have just been so drained of any energy and it has SUCKED.  

So it feels good to feel good for a day or so.  

I have one more of the A/C dose of chemo left -- in two weeks -- and then I go to the weekly Taxol treatments which are supposed to be easier to manage.  I am looking forward to that.  I really feel that maybe if I hadn't picked up that virus after my first treatment I would have fared better the last few weeks, but there really is no way to know.  I am hoping to avoid anything more like that, because that is something I never want to go through again.  It was miserable.

BUT...I am doing my best to keep my optimism up.  I'm not going to say it's been easy, but I am trying.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I am hoping that the weekly treatments will make the rest of the chemo time fly by.  Then there may be radiation, and finally the mastectomy and restoration (maybe -- still on the fence with that).  But there WILL be an end to all of this, and then I can turn my focus back on to finishing my schooling and getting my nursing degree and moving on with life!





2 comments:

  1. So happy to read that you are having a good week! Keep this momentum going. You are a great writer by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid! I have always found writing to be a good way to sort things out. :)

      Delete

Grieving What Should Have Been and Never Will Be.

Image Creator Borut Trdina I feel like shit today.  Emotionally and physically.   After yesterdays…argument?   Whatever it was, I find mysel...